QALINCA-LABS – research, teaching and expertise activities are dedicated to Logistics, Supply Chain Management, Quality Management and Transport Management. It belongs to the Faculty of Engineering Sciences (Polytech) of the Université Libre de Bruxelles.
Five Pillars of Activities
1. Development, through modeling and simulation, of advanced tools for a better understanding of the key factors of any nature (including emerging technologies and concerns) which impact the structure, integration, sustainability and performance of transport and logistics systems (passengers and freight).
2. Integration of ideas from the latest research with best practices to highlight the innovative and proactive ways in which organizations, institutions and countries can leverage the transport function to create competitive edge and capture the most value, with a special emphasis on sustainable cross-functional integration that is crucial to drive transport and logistics excellence.
3. Design and implementation of integrated transport and logistics solutions: innovative (i-solutions), intelligent (e-solutions), safe and secure (s-solutions), sustainable and ecofriendly (“green”-solutions) and socio-economically sound (with full consideration of client ownership issues).
4. Development of advanced systems for benchmarking and auditing the quality and performance of transport and logistics operations.
5. Dissemination of knowledge through an active contribution to the implementation worldwide of excellence and knowledge centers (training, research, expertise) in transport and logistics.
UrbanWize - Plateforme de communication et gestion pour une logistique urbaine intelligente
L’objectif du projet URBANWISE est de concevoir, développer, valider et évaluer une plateforme informatique qui vise à connecter tous les acteurs de la logistique urbaine, quel que soit le type d’entreprises (transporteur, fournisseur, entrepreneur, ), quelle que soit la taille de l’entreprise (grande entreprise dotée des systèmes informatiques performants ou PME) et quel que soit son rôle au sein de la chaîne logistique, ceci afin d’optimaliser la gestion des transports de marchandises en milieu urbain.
AIMS - Advanced Impacts Evaluation Methodology for Innovative Freight Transport
The aim of this project was to design advanced impact assessment methodology for sustainable transport research applied to European R&D projects and programmes in order to maximize the success of public or private investments in freight transport RTD.
Qalinca Labs participated in this project as a leader for the intermodal transport mode and has evaluated research activities in the field of intermodal transport relevant to the FP5, FP6/ and FP7 programme. They have developed guidelines for increasing the relevance, effectiveness and efficiency of current and future R&D programmes at EU level and produced recommendations for the definition of new research policy objectives.
PULSE - Planning Urban Logistics for Sustainable Economy
The objective of this is to develop an innovative strategy for implementing sustainable logistics solutions for the urban freight transport in Brussels-Capital Region. The project develops several scenarios for the distribution of goods in the Brussels Capital Region, which are then assessed according
to several aspects (technical, economical, technological, environmental, social and political). The project team works in close co-operation with relevant stakeholders, such as regional authorities or the representatives of the private sector.